Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Jones Cafe - Featured Guest - Miss Poetic Dee / Open Mic Poetry





Listen to internet radio with T Mill on Blog Talk Radio



Dedrea is 29yrs old born and raised in Washington,Dc. I developed the energy to right from enduring what life had to offer. I am a writer that expresses from the heart. Majority of my pieces convey love, life & drama. I began writing in the early 90's after the passing of my mother. To me it was like a journal but later evolved into spoken word. At the age of 19 is when I decided to pursue becoming a published author. At that time life was not allowing me to follow my dream. I held on and still made time. I started to perform through Washington DC like the "U"st Cafe. of Poetry,bus boys etc...I branched out to the internet and began posting pieces on my web page. The feedback was great, so I started a group in dedication to poetry. This group is on blackplanet.com "Black Women Poetry". This group is 4,000 members strong and growing. I felt as if that was my sanctuary. Later I found Blogtalkradio.com and began to promote poetry through the radio. It's been a amazing experiences having those outlets to promote. Meanwhile I never stopped writing nor pursing the book to be published. In 2007 I was under infinity publishing. The book was pulled by me because I felt I was not ready. I sort other publishers as I continued to prepare the book. I created a poetry site for networking for my fellow "starving artist" as from experience its hard to began self publishing without help. The site features links to well known self publishing companies. A network for poets to gain information share and promote. Share your story, words, and inspiration with us. During the second half of the show we will take open mic Join Our sponsor the group "Jones Cafe" (A poetic arts company.) Brings you our first spotlight artist Miss Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment